Epidemiology - Current Events
Here you can find information on seasonal infections of Public Health Significance (i.e. Flu, West Nile Virus) or current outbreaks in Victoria County or surrounding areas.
Flu Season in Full Swing
Everyone should keep in mind that Flu Season is in full swing and peaks between December and February. The following steps can protect you and your family from the flu:
- Get yourself and your family vaccinated.
- Avoid close contact with people (closer than arm’s length), especially if they or yourself are ill.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands and avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with germs.