How can I...

The Victoria County Public Health Department Environmental Services Division investigates complaints concerning food establishments, septic system complaints, and environmental violations.  Examples of violations include, but not limited to, accumulated household garbage, standing water, conditions that harbor insects and rodents, surfacing sewage, abandoned swimming pools, and high weeds. 

How to file a Complaint

Please provide as much information on the property of concern including owner name, physical address, or a descriptive location of the property when filing a Environmental Complaint. You may file a complaint using the Complaint Form or by calling our office at (361)578-6281. To receive any information regarding a complaint a Request for Information must be submitted to our office

Complaint investigation

The Texas Health and Safety Code Chapters 341 and 343 are intended to eliminate public nuisances in both incorporated and unincorporated areas of the counties we serve. If a property is found to be in violation of Health and Safety Code, the property owner will be notified through a notice of violation.  The complaint will be actively inspected for compliance, failure to comply may result in a court case being filed for criminal prosecution. 

Information for Renters:                                                                                         

  • Texas Renters Rights                                                                                                                
  • FAQ Mold & Renters Rights                                                             
  • Bed Bugs

Additional Information & Resources:
Health & Safety Codes